Wednesday, October 9, 2013

beauty things I've tried recently....

Exhibit 1: Korres Volcanic minerals Volumizing Mascara *6*

I tried this because it was recommended on a beauty blog I follow.  I was taken with the interesting topographic design on the bottle etc etc and volcanic ash ingredient blurb.  But really, it's just a mascara, it's nice because it doesn't immediately liquify/dot if it gets wet and doesn't clump... but really.  You can't swing your drugstore shopping basket and not hit a mascara like that.  AND it won't be $20. 

Exhibit 2: Lipstick Queen's Hello Sailor lipstick *5*

I really really liked the idea.  A blue tinted lipstick!  I read and watched many a tutorial on it before purchasing it from Barneys online (because the store was sold out, can't be bad right?).  It's supposed to give your lips just that little bit of tint.  I think my lips just might be too dark because it ended up just being a really nice clear chapstick.  It definitely nourishes the lips, but so do chapsticks, and they come cherry flavored and aren't $35. 

Exhibit 3: Crystal Deodorant *9*

This stuff is fan-tastic!  I read about it on another blog that had a feature on beauty products men and women share.  I did a "well if a guy can use it, must be strong enough for my stinky pits can too" and went out and snatched it up.  It's this rock crystal stick that you wet the top of and apply to your under arms.  It's all natural, so no harmful chemicals to give you cancer.  I usually have a problem where my skin starts to get used to the deodorant that I use every day and stops working.  So far so good with this one, and it's been two months. 

Exhibit 4: Derek Lam Eye Spring 2013 *10*

I love love love love doing this eyeliner.  I usually wear a cat eye eyeliner and swap this in as a nice mix it up.  I just looked at pictures from the show, a tutorial that was floating around and just basically messed up trying to do it a bunch of times.  As when I was training myself to do a cat eye, I use a pencil crayon in brown to sketch the box on each eye.  I then make sure they are spaced evenly and match before I fill them in with liquid liner (then maybe a dark eyeshadower over if it's too harsh).  It's such a nice effect, almost classic looking even though I think it's pretty edgy (you have slanted boxes on your eye lids!).  

Exhibit 5: Kerastase Intitialiste *7*

We sell this at work and I was like really...... how am I even going to sell this.  Our rep was like, well TRY IT.  So she brought us all in our own bottles and we've been giving it the test run.  I noticed right away the bleached out color streak in my hair was much less dry and the overall rest of my hair was growing growing growing.  It's also supposed to promote shine and softness which- I guess so yeah.  HOWEVER, disclaimer, I started to taper from using it daily and I noticed when I WASN'T USING IT.  It was like my hair had crack withdrawal form the special liquid, and I wasn't having that.  That's weird.  It's also mad expensive.  So the moral of the story here is that if your hair has serious problems (thinness to the max, color damage, breaking, a shitty cut you NEED to grow out now) this is your product.  If not, leave in conditioners work wonders guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment