Thursday, November 28, 2013

Food I am Thankful For: Gobble Gobble Edition

1.  Greek Yogurt- whether it be granola, honey, berries, or whipped cream (yes, I tried it), this lovely delectable has deterred me many a days from having ice cream (my favorite) for breakfast.  Here's to you slightly healthier option!!




2.  Granola Bars- yeah I know they are kind of the worst and not a go to snack, BUT when you are at work at the end of the day STARVING because you are asked to stay late: granola bars.  They have the little push-you-through till the end, and you can just keep them in your purse.  My favorites- Trader Joe's Cranberry Walks Into A Bar (or pumpkin, or fig, or apple, or blueberry), Cliff Bar Crunch Peanut Butter, Pret A Manger Apricot Bars (that's not what they are actually called but they're the granola bar they carry with the apricot glaze or whatever).






3.  Ordering Take Out (because it's a super thing now)- I let myself order take out once a week (lie).  Ok twice a week (better).  Ok three times a week when I haven't gone grocery shopping (best).  And with places like Seamless and Grubhub and all of those subway advertisements, I am lead to believe that everyone is doing it and I'm not spending tons of money ordering out (totally am, should just buy groceries and make my own dinner).  But you know what the best is?  Having leftovers so you can squeeze one or two extra meals out of that shit load of Indian food you just ordered.

stop judging me Harry, you got to got to go to Hogwarts where elves make baller food for you all day every day

4.  Eating Pumpkin Pie for every meal- I like to bake and I'm all about pumpkin pie.  Tis the season for pumpkin pie- I can technically stretch it from mid October to New Years!  When I make one (i.e. when the canned pumpkin shows up in grocery stores (PS I've tried it with real pumpkin and I can't taste the difference!)) I eat it for all meals because it isn't too sweet to not be considered a breakfast pastry and is technically a vegetable(?) for lunch and dinner consumption.  And whipped cream is the dairy.  I really need to get better eating habits.


5.  All Holiday Drinks Everywhere (and snacks!)- Starbucks, Jamba Juice, all restaurants, Trader Joes I mean everywhere has a special holiday something.  It's like a menu expansion just when you started to get sick of everything else on it.  Ya-hoo gingerbread everything.

  




Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment