Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Don't Knock It Till You Try It Tuesdays: Birthday Improvement Lists

So my birthday isn't until September but I've decided I'm going to try and do a list this year. No, not just a list of gifts I say(!) but a list of things I can do for myself and others for the next year.  It's a little sentimental warm fuzzy itchy scratchy, but my coworker does it and I really like the idea.  They can be small things- like taking a bath once a month because he likes them but feels like he never has time for them.  He is also meditating everyday (I tried that, it's great and all and good for me.... but no), running at least a few times a week (nope nope nope), and eating healthier (luckily I can get on board with that one).  Here's my attempt at coming up with 26 things for the 26th year of me (ew.... 26, barf).

1. Compliment a person once a day
2. Try to do a good deed (big or small) a day
3. Buy good/healthy food for yourself even if it's more expensive
4. Stand up for yourself
5. Try to do more creative things more often (you miss it!  you really do!)
6. Experiment more with baking 
7. Take another dance class
8. Tell your family you love them more
9. Call your family more
10. Blog 
11. Read more
12. Journal more
13. See more shows and "cultural" events
14. Pay more attention to your friends and try to see them more often
15. (Try to) Stop texting and walking down the street
16. Get in as much improv as you can before you leave for Japan (you really like it)
17. Try to spend more time with grandma
18. Stop stealing food from your sister just because you forgot to go grocery shopping
19. Pay special attention to your little sisters and their interests
20. Go on more walks
21. Stop spending so much money on clothes
22. Clean out your closet once a year
23. Give away some of your paintings
24. Read your old journals and your old stories (rewrite one or two)
25. Stop trying to please everyone
26. Take a day off when you need it

READY. GO.




No comments:

Post a Comment