Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Don't Knock It Till You Try It Tuesdays/Wednesday Baked Alaska!

I mean really.  It's ice cream.  It's cake.  It's torched crispy meringue.  Delicious.
 (PS I would put a picture of one I actually made on here but my computer is all sorts of slow right now.  My meringue was not this artistically crafted, don't you worry)

AND it's surprisingly not that hard to make AND you can tailor it to any ice cream/cake combinations you want.


RIGHT??? 
The only thing is it's a little time consuming because the ice cream needs to set and the cake needs to cool completely.  But it's super impressive if YOU are having a dinner party (I wouldn't try taking this anywhere for melting purposes) and it mixes it up a bit.  Here's the recipe I used and there's a nice video that goes along with it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-alaska-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment