Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Don't Knock It Till You Try It Tuesdays: Diffusers (Don't Abandon Your Hair to Frizz!)

Curly hair can be intimidating.  Just like Frieda.





Some stylists don’t know how to cut it, blow driers can lead to a frizz monster, and gel…. gel is scary.  The curly haired girl’s best friend that has been around for ages but hasn’t been used properly (my case) or disregarded (also my case) is the defuser. 




*Sparkle *Sparkle *Sparkle* 
         
A defuser is this sieve looking thing that pops over your hairdryer and distributes the air in the hairdryer in a more circular motion rather than just a concentrated stream.  I always held it above my head and turned up the power (because I want my hair dried today, not in five hours) and it basically ended up working like a normal hair dryer except slower leaving me frizz-tastic.  So at that time I eventually gave up and stuck a bunch of gel in the ends which made my hair a gross crunchy mess.  No good.  
Here’s the way to do it properly-  stick some stuff in your wet hair (leave in conditioner, a light paste, a curly defrizzer, whatever) and use your fingers to twirl clumps of hair into curly locks and put the defuser into your hair on a low setting.  Yes INTO.  Your hair should be in the little prongs of the defuser (no it will not fry it or light it on fire).  After a few seconds (longer if your hair is longer), just move the defuser out then around your head scrunching your curls with your hand every so often.  VIOLA! 

PS what's even better is you don't necessarily have to have curly hair to do this.  Want nice waves? Do the same thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment