Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Don't Knock It Till You Try It Tuesdays: Semi Homemade Boston Cream Pie

My friend Sarah's birthday was a couple weekends ago and I volunteered to make the cake for her party.  She said she wanted a Boston Cream Pie and my eyes got a little glazed over and I did the 



I had never made one of those before.
Was it a pie?  Was it a cake?  I thought that was just a doughnut flavor.  I guess all doughnut flavors have to originate from somewhere right?
Sarah gave me the recipe she uses, after making sure I didn't scoff at the use of box cake.

Side note: I used to be one of those people who did indeed scoff, but I've hopped off the pretentious wagon and my new rule is LEARN YOUR AUDIENCE!  If you are serving hoity toity pallets knock yourself out with getting all of the rose hips and candied orange peel ingredients you want, but if you would like to have time (and money for that matter) you can botch it.  And depending what you make, it will taste just as good.

This recipe was so easy and it took no time (it's summer so I did take into account the one hour refrigerate grace period).  Everything just basically needs to be combined (PS I liked using Cool Whip instead of whipped cream)!  Easy peesy.  I guess I do probably need to mention here it tasted fantastic as well!  Here is the recipe!  


PS here is her picture from the blog, I of course forgot to take pictures of my pie again before people started sticking their fingers into it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment