Monday, July 22, 2013

Music Monday: Janet Jackson = Summertime

This song happened to come on at work and I was rocketed back into a bliss of summertime vacations when I was teenager.  



(the music video is pretty cute if you can find it (it's not on YouTube) but if you Google it, it should come up)

I didn't discover until much later it is actually a total rip off of the guitar riff from the America song "Ventura Highway".  


But I still love both songs and unfortunately "Ventura Highway" doesn't have the teenage high school summer vacation flashbacks usually associated with "Someone To Call My Lover".  
So I think J here is just looking for a semi long term hook up.  Teenage me, on the other hand, probably had no idea- what does a lover entail?  Does that mean like sex?  Does that mean you aren't official?  Or is that just holding hands and boyfriend is a real boyfriend when you kiss?

  


No comments:

Post a Comment